Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you always imagined- Thoreau

My photo
Kerman/Long Beach, Cali Bebe
I generally have interesting days and always an interesting outlook, so as a writer with just a resume...here goes everything...

Followers

Take some time to read and respond.

I'm working on creating my life. This is the beginning of the conscious tip because life is not about finding yourself, but creating yourself.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wednesdays Words of Encouragement~Numero dos

Hello and good hump day lovely people.
I hope your week and day has been running along smoothly, but if not, take a moment of silence and start over :) I'll do it with you.


Okay.............here we go.
So, since returning back to the beach, I have been enjoying runs on the sand and many rides around Long Beach on my beach cruiser. That means I have had tons of face-to-face with strangers along my journeys and sure enough, a topic came to mind.
Why is it that so many people walk around foul-faced?

Sure, there are a lot of friendly faces walking around this world, but so many more people choose to frown instead of turning that face upside down and bringing a sense of joy to others. I know many people want to own a sense of personal control so they don't show their emotions, but what shows more confidence than showing a smile, showing that you love life? Nothing.

A smile is really easy to do, especially to a stranger whom you have no reason to not like. At that, a smile to a stranger is almost always well-received and in turn you feel great about doing it. So it's a win-win situation!

I know that I always feel a sense of warmth when a person passing me on the street (or wherever, really) smiles just because they are passing by me and we are inevitably linking energies. I get even more excited (it's momentarily, but still) when the person welcomes a "hello," but says it just to be kind and doesn't want to strike up a conversation. It just comes out of the goodness of their heart. I love that.

Don't you? You have to admit, it's a nice feeling to see someone smile, even if you don't know them. So give it a try, smile to a stranger and then tell me how good you felt!
Ok, you dont have to share it with me, but just share that smile.

Isn't this smile so beautiful???? thanks Hope Lee

4 comments:

  1. the smile is beautiful and so are the curls (so is she!) It's true-when we pass someone on the street, in an aisle or in a buffet line-wherever-we are sharing a little bit of this earth with them and why not appreciate it, embrace it and smile! Thanks for Wednesdays words of wisdom. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try being a 230lb+ black man and smiling to everyone. i had to do this at my job and now its a habit. most will smile back, but what irritates me is when you smile and they look you dead in the face and keep walking. no frown no nothing. do they think im stupid for smiling at them? nice read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more Molly! I love to say hi or good morning to people when I am jogging or biking and I really appreciate it when they say it back. Keep up the good work and keep smiling your beautiful smile~Ang

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super irritating when someone doesn't smile back-but hopefully you "caught them off guard" haha always trying to justify but I know it's not always the truth. But keep smiling anyway, at least some of us appreciate it! thanks for the kind words everyone :)

    ReplyDelete