Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you always imagined- Thoreau

My photo
Kerman/Long Beach, Cali Bebe
I generally have interesting days and always an interesting outlook, so as a writer with just a resume...here goes everything...

Followers

Take some time to read and respond.

I'm working on creating my life. This is the beginning of the conscious tip because life is not about finding yourself, but creating yourself.

Blog Archive

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Those lovely days....

Since the first day I drove around Long Beach back in 2001, I knew this gem of a city would one day be a place I consider home. Although I was raised in a fruitful environment with the best degrees of family and friends possible, I have always seen the world from a much larger lens and came to realize I am meant to live in that greater fish bowl full of colors and the unknown, preferably one near  the sea at that ;)

So, to impulsively depart my lovely beach city and return back to a different kind of natural beauty, full of agriculture and valley sunsets, family functions and home cooked meals, I prepared myself for many moments of missed memories of Long Beach.

They occur allll the time. On beautiful days in Kerman and on ugly, foggy, rainy ones. I miss liquor stores, coffee shops to take my laptop to, my favorite lounges and especially The Prospector, the dark and random bar located approximately one block from my most beloved apartment ever. I miss the diversity, the accessibility of nearly everything around the corner, and certainly the Pacific. The first day I got to Long Beach this trip, I drove directly to my favorite grassy knoll on Ocean Blvd and Cherry Ave and just starred. Took it all in, like I hadn't seen home in months and it had only been two.

So now on my last day here, before I return back to Kerman to work to make money, work out to slim up and work on myself to reach these many goals of mine, I am very certain that this city embodies what I love about life. The fact that (as humans) we cannot help but connect with specific people, places and things that are completely meant to be....that is so exciting to me. I was destined to choose Long Beach State as my university and perfectly placed to fall in love with it and all my friends here (and those that has since moved) that have continuously assisted in helping me create me.
I'm not complete yet....but the arrows are pointing towards greatness and I'm in charge of the aim. Thank you SoCal for helping me realize the life is love and I'll always live here.

No comments:

Post a Comment