Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you always imagined- Thoreau

My photo
Kerman/Long Beach, Cali Bebe
I generally have interesting days and always an interesting outlook, so as a writer with just a resume...here goes everything...

Followers

Take some time to read and respond.

I'm working on creating my life. This is the beginning of the conscious tip because life is not about finding yourself, but creating yourself.

Blog Archive

Monday, January 25, 2010

Infatuated

It's a funny thing when you suddenly realize something about yourself that you dislike.

I have come to notice that I often base decisions off of pure infatuation.
Sometimes it very superficial; like when I go shopping I'll buy a dress that fits my body very well, but I don't even like the pattern. In turn, I never wear the thing and end up giving it away to a friend with bad taste (haha, just for comedic purposes I wrote that).

Other times I'll find one small detail about I man that I like and become so involved in him, even though I know we'll never work out. I once had a four month tryst (that led to lots of drama) with a co-worker because I thought his butt looked so nice in his work pants. He was a weirdo, talked so soft that you could never hear what he said and we had only one comment interest (pff pff give) but my obsession over his body in that uniform made me decide that I "liked" the guy.

So, after realizing that I am starting a bad habit of "infatuatious decision-making" (my word, i made it up thank you) all over again, I declare to end it now. Or at least I'm taking the necessary steps...
I will no longer put myself in debt because of infatuation, pretend to be someone I'm not because of infatuation or get involved with a man because I'm infatuated with a part of his body.
Unless that part...well I'll just say I may get involved but innocently enough to withhold the infatuation. ;)
Thanks for listening. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment