Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you always imagined- Thoreau

My photo
Kerman/Long Beach, Cali Bebe
I generally have interesting days and always an interesting outlook, so as a writer with just a resume...here goes everything...

Followers

Take some time to read and respond.

I'm working on creating my life. This is the beginning of the conscious tip because life is not about finding yourself, but creating yourself.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

WWE: Wednesdays Words of Encouragement #5

I know I have been absent my friends, but I wanted to test you guys and your strength without my encoruaging words for a couple weeks :)
So far successful because I haven't heard any complaints!!

Today, I wanted to dedicate this post to my extrememly special and inspirational Grandma Delores who recently passed on to the heavens. She was a very intelligent, wordy woman who accomplished much more than most women did growing up in the 30's and working in the medical and educational fields in the 50's, 60's, and 70's. I have a ton of wise words she has shared with me in the past, but this one in particular has always resonated.

One day I think she sensed my sadness in the recent break-up I was going through and out the blue she just called me into her room and said "Molly, I just want to tell you that you should never count on anyone else to make you happy."

And that was it. She didn't elaborate as usual, but said her peace and really, that's all I needed to hear.

I think too often we as people want others to fulfill our lives, but deep down we are the only ones who can fully do so. Others can contribute to our happiness, success and overall joy of life, but if we can't put a smile on our own faces, than no one else realistically can either.

That's all. Just wanted to share some wise words and encourage you all to find your OWN path to happiness and enjoy all those along the road that help you continually seek success.

PeaceNLove
mollymoll

2 comments:

  1. Moll you made me cry....Grandma D was such a special person. I'm sure she is already passing on her wise words to others, and I enjoy reading yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you very much Heather. Will i see you on Saturday? I am coming into down tomorrow, have work i need to finish up here first.

    ReplyDelete