Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you always imagined- Thoreau

My photo
Kerman/Long Beach, Cali Bebe
I generally have interesting days and always an interesting outlook, so as a writer with just a resume...here goes everything...

Followers

Take some time to read and respond.

I'm working on creating my life. This is the beginning of the conscious tip because life is not about finding yourself, but creating yourself.

Blog Archive

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Com-mu-ni-ca-tion

Communication. Never realized it's a five-syllable word. No wonder it's so complicated.
Here's Mac's definition of the word:

communication |kəˌmyoōnəˈkā sh ən|nounthe imparting or exchanging of information or news direct communication between the two countries will produce greater understanding at the moment I am in communication with London.• a letter or message containing such information or news.• the successful conveying or sharing of ideas and feelings there was a lack of communication between Pamela and her parents.• social contact she gave him some hope of her return, or at least of their future communication.( communications) means of connection between people or places,in particular• the means of sending or receiving information, such as telephone lines or computers satellite communications [as adj. a communications network.• the means of traveling or of transporting goods, such as roads or railroads a city providing excellent road and rail communications.• [treated as sing. the field of study concerned with the transmissionof information by various means.

Communication is something we all struggle with doing, it seems. Some of us do not communicate well, and suffer in numerous types of relationships because of it. Some of us want to communicate too much and bother or stress-up situations too often. Most of us struggle between the two points, me for example, so here's a little looking into the my world of "communicating."

I try hard to keep things open between myself and those I have relationships with. I'd like my friends to consider me as one they can always come to and be honest with and expect honest advice, opinions, or just a healthy ear to vent to.
I also would like them to know me as an open person so they feel comfortable around me, which in turn allows me to be open and upfront with them. This has lead me to sustaining wonderful friendships (some lifelong) and a lifetime of few fights with these friends. When my feelings have been hurt, I can usually approach the friend politely and discuss it or when the opposite, they usually approach me the same. My open-communication with friends has also allowed a very strong "two-way street" and I feel very confident with the levels of respect for those friends I keep close to me.
(Especially when my makeup is messed up, so they'll feel "comfortable" telling me of my problem!!)

With relationships beyond friends, I especially like good communication because it is very easy to mis-interrupt a move, lack of phone call or become very sensitive when you are unaware of the status of the relationship. However, this type of communication is where I suck! Quite often I have been struck with silence when I so much intended to bring up a topic I am confused of and then I am not only disappointed with myself, but still upset or lost about the original issue.
This is where I need help on learning how to "let it out" regardless of who I am talking to.

Any suggestions?

On a side note, looking at the definition provided above, what came to mind is how productive we (as humans, as the world) could be if we all learned how to open our mouths and ears and respectfully express ourselves!
*the successful conveying or sharing of ideas and feelings 
*means of connection between people or places, in particular




See these positive words: successful, sharing, ideas and connection and all from the communications definitions so why don't you give it a try and I will do the same!





No comments:

Post a Comment